Friday, September 21, 2012

I drive a Prius!

Apparently there is a SNL skit out there when the father thinks he's loosing leverage/control with his family and he just exclaims "I drive a _____" I can't remember what the actual vehicle is but Brian quotes it a lot and use to fill in "subaru." He hasn't said it in a while since he doesn't drive the subaru any more. So we were in the car driving somewhere, asking Elijah what he was learning in school for the first week and he started talking about his desk. Brian asked "Is it the kind of desk that you lift up the top to get inside? Because those ones are cool!" Elijah said, "No, it has a cubby on the bottom of it." I then said, "Uh, dear - those were outdated when I was in elementary." Brian was then deeply saddened and shocked. He started to talk up those desks by saying the pros about it. So then I said, "But if you are in the middle of a project and you need the glue - you have to lift up the desk and have everything fall off just for the glue" He was like, "Well, that's why you're smart and thing about things ahe-... you know what!?! I drive a Prius!" *I wonder if there is some emotional scarring from childhood moments when those situations happened. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment